Wednesday 20 May 2009

A Monotonous Life




A Monotonous Life

I had been thinking of posting something to keep my blog active, but I also don’t want to sound like a windbag, well i don't think i will get obsessed with this, but still want to keep doing something, just to escape from the monotony of everyday life. I've been fed up idling away most of my time ,i think its better to,get involved in any tedious work than to sit idle somewhere. I have been waiting for months hoping that something new..or something different would happen[publishing of exam results, or a new job, a holiday trip with friends],Well, thanks to the Almighty, I was lucky to go for some trips for a couple of days with my friends and that was a big relief. Was waiting for months to go out for a journey that didn't happen for weeks at a time. After arriving back home, things seemed to be as usual.
In the morning the sun's rays falls upon my face through the narrow gap between the curtain and the window, the illumination and the mild heat of the rays breaks my sleep, I squint with my partly shut eyes with the first thought in my mind 'Another Day Has Come’. The same bed,the same pillow, the same way to my bathroom, my same toothbrush and paste lying side by side waiting for my teeth to be rubbed on it, and after the daily routines, I reach my balcony to view the greenery outside, and after a couple of minutes its time to position myself in front of my computer, and, What more? Those humdrum hours has just begun. The mouse arrow roaming here and there hunting for something that would bring a bit of surprise or at least a smile. As usual i begin by watching any of the whole bulk of movies i have downloaded, which i know i will never finish watching in my lifetime, but still that's the only part of entertainment now.Since the very same episode of watching movies repeated daily, the excitement started dwindling away. I keep my eyes wide open to find out if any of my friends are online, chatting is a good way to keep away from boredom, and i try to spend most of my time chatting with people, often i go visiting other people's profile and try chatting with them,but,usually it doesn't end well..he he..Hours pass by and the only break is taken during lunch and supper. Pathetically, my brother hops into the room out of the blue,he asks me to move so that he could use the system. Well, I move away lazily to the dining hall,have dinner and then go to my room and lie on my bed with my hands on the pillow supporting my head.I eagerly awaited for a knock at the door by a friend,the ringing tone of my phone with the yelling voice of an old buddy saying ' I am missing you da', or even a forwarded sms..The time arises when different thoughts goes through my mind,turning back into the past,those haunting memories always gave a smile on my face,the joyous moments that once passed by,the shocking incidents ,the glory days,my mind felt numb by these cold thoughts.Deep inside my heart i felt the craving for some change or advancement that would kill my boredom and idleness and drive me to a world of ecstasy.Then, i close my eyes ,with the only hope that ,this stagnation would end.There comes the next morning and my eyes open slowly with the very same thought 'Another Day Has Come'.

8 comments:

angel in disguise.... said...

hey ...this one is much better than the former...a bit more matured writing..i like it...
but don't sound like u have lost all the fun in life...every new day is a new hope...try seeing it that way..n by the way i know the thoughts which haunted u..lol..
n u know...i think blogging will keep u equipped...keep updating..:)

BORAN said...

Thanks for ur comment! except for that line..u know the thoughts which haunted me?..sounds intriguing..wat thoughts wud that be..lol.

Destiny's child... said...

gosh...ur life seems really monotous when u put it this way..trust me, enjoy ur present vella status when u can...;)

BORAN said...

enjoy my present?..vella status?? athentha???

hithaa said...

ahh.. life after colg.. wid no job at hand.... it killss.....
very tiring routine,put in a not so boring way... i like dat...
seems both of us r ppl travelling on d same boat, though iv found better ways dan orkut, to keep me engaged...
well, now u hav started to seem interesting... see u soon, on orkut ;)

BORAN said...

Thanks hitha,nice to see u here

A New Beginning said...

Monotony is a part of life but After every night theres a beautiful new day waiting to gulp up the darkness..nothings permanent:)

BORAN said...

Yea..i wish for that beautiful new day to come..